Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Weekend in Marrakech

I have finished my training course in France. I got my certificate and then left for Morocco. I spent all day traveling on various trains and a plane, but finally got here at around 12:30am yesterday morning or Friday night. It was wonderful to see Zineb and her family again. Rahal, her son, is talking now and is as wild and crazy as he was last summer. We spent the day relaxing by the pool and having tea. Later we went to the market. It is a huge and busy place. There are so many sounds and smells, it is unbelievable. There are the cobra tamers, the drummers, cymbals, motorbikes, and at least 7 different languages that you can hear just walking around. The smells are amazing. There are so many spices and people cooking different things. My favorite is the smell of fresh orange juice when we get near to a juice stand. We walked around the market then went to a restaurant on the roof to look over the marketplace and have some pizza. It was a wonderful evening. Tomorrow we will go earlier to the market when it is not so crowded and maybe do some real shopping. There are so many beautiful and colorful things. I love everything here! I am looking forward to spending the next 11 days drinking Moroccan tea, eating Moroccan food, and having fun with my Moroccan family.

No comments:

Post a Comment