Friday, April 9, 2010

Mora, Sweden

I am staying in Mora for a couple months. It's farther north than where Oskar lives with his dad, so it's colder, and there is still snow everywhere. Today it is really sunny, so the weather is looking more promising. I am staying with Oskar's mom, his sister Stina (17 on April 28th), and his baby sister Lotta (14 months). So far it has been enjoyable getting to play with the baby everyday and help her mom out. I also bought a swim pass so I can go to the pool everyday. I have a library card, too and just finished my first book: Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It was a pretty good read, and there are 2 more books in the series. I checked out a book on learning Swedish. It comes with a textbook, workbook, and CD. It is really basic stuff, but I think it will help in the long run. Hopefully I can learn a little bit of Swedish from it, so I don't feel totally stupid after spending so much time in this country. I think if you are in a country this long, you have to at least learn a little bit of the language, or else you are just being a bad visitor. I should be getting my resident permit in my passport soon, since I am a temporary resident of Sweden. Sounds exciting. Now it is time to enjoy the sun while I can, after a little swimming of course. I am sure I got some kind of vitamin D deficiency being here for so long. I miss spring in SC, but I hear it's too hot anyway. It will be quite a shock to go back in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment